The new Moilas Free From product family brings change to the gluten-free diet as well as to also other diets. The product family is naturally wheat-free and gluten-free. The products are produced at fully gluten-free Moilas-bakeries in Pieksämäki.
Moilas renovated it’s main bakery to become fully gluten-free in December 2018. The capacity of two gluten-free bakeries gives us an opportunity to diversify our product selection and keep up to the increasing demand in Finland as well as in exports.
Suitable for several diets
The new Moilas Free From product family started it´s roots from the needs and wishes of consumers and customers.
– The most common reasons for consuming gluten-free products are coeliac disease, grain-allergy and inflammatory grain diseases. At the same time, an increasing number of consumers interested in well-being need or appreciate fully wheat-free products, says Moilas Oy´s CEO Ville Moilanen.
– We want to offer tasty bakery products, which are suitable for e.g. FODMAP-diet followers, but which also are 100% safe for coeliacs, Ville Moilanen continues.
Variation by the power of two brands
The new Moilas Free From product family expands the selection of gluten-free products by bringing in novelties in, which we aim to take into consideration several different diets within their development.
– It has been estimated that as much as almost half of the consumers use some sort of special dietary products. Moilas Free From products are found in normal shelves at supermarkets instead of being found in gluten-free shelves, says Moilas Oy´s Commercial Director Marko Hammar.
The first novelties to reach the frozen departments are:
- wheat-free, gluten-free ja lactose-free Moilas Free From Rice Pastry
- wheat-free, gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan Moilas Free From BBQ Vege Pastry.
We aim to get more Free From novelties to stores already during this spring. Due to the fully-closed packages, stores can store our products among normal products without having a risk of contamination.
The familiar Moilas Gluten-Free has been a trusted brand for gluten-free diet followers for decades worth of experience. The product family´s fully closed and red packages are found in the same place as before, in the gluten-free frozen department as well as in the flour product department.
– Even in the future, we will be developing new safe and gluten-free products. This change will allow us to have a more versatile product selection, states Marko Hammar with content.
Naturally wheat-free and gluten-free
Both product families´ frozen bakery products are produced at fully gluten-free Moilas-bakeries in Pieksämäki. All of our raw-ingredients are naturally wheat-free and gluten-free. We do not use any wheat-based raw-ingredients.
All of our gluten-free Moilas-frozen products have a gluten-free product label granted by Europe´s Coeliac Society. A grocery, which receives the label can contain a maximum of 20 mg/kg (20 ppm, parts per million) of gluten. Moilas is even more strict in this case: we require less than 5 ppm of gluten from the raw ingredients used in our gluten-free baking.
Moilas developed it´s first gluten-free products already in 1985. Already back then, we had the idea that everyone has a right to follow a versatile, tasty